April 10, 1912

Exactly 100 years ago today, the now famous ship Titanic set sail from Southampton, England to start it's maiden voyage. No one knew yet what was to happen just a few days later. To commemorate the event, I had some photos taken this morning with my ''Swim'' dress on. Nothing too fancy though, my sister took the pictures on our balcony. The weather was not that great, just 5˚C outside (you can imagine I was freezing in my little dress), and the sun wasn't really out so the colors and the lighting aren't that good, but it will do for now. You recognize my dress from my previous Swim dress post. Since then I have touched up the hems and added some beading on the neckline. The dress was made two or three years ago, and since then I've lost a few pounds, so what was intended to be an intentionnaly tight fitting dress (to cover up the fact I don't wear a corset underneath because the V in the back is too deep) is now barely tight enough... It still looks nice, though.





The cup I'm holding in my hands is actually a reproduction of the cups that were on the Titanic. I got it at the Titanic exhibition in Montreal a few years ago. 

Let's not forget the flying shot!








Things got a little bit silly towards the end of the photo shoot. I thought I'd share a few of the poses


This is my attempt at the ''Mary Crawley pose'' I think it's not really good but I'll let you judge! Plus with the Rose dress it's doesn't really work...



What did you do to commemorate the event? I'll carry on working on my other 1912 dress, and on the 14th I'll go and watch Titanic in 3D at the movie theater. Wish I had some sort of costumed event to go to...  I'll probably just end up going to the cinema in my ''Rose'' dress!




Commentaires

  1. I love the sepia shot. I wish I had a dress for the event - I haven't even cut it.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Thanks! Well, maybe you'll have one for the 101st anniversary :)

    RépondreSupprimer

Enregistrer un commentaire